When building a custom XMON cable what guidelines should be followed? Here are the general specifications for the XMON cable. Note that 24m is the maximum recommended cable run. Beyond this distance some signal degradation may be noticeable (especially talkback and headphone quality).
- Belden 9505 equivalent cable, 24 gauge, with sets of 5 twisted pairs.
- Stranded tinned copper conductor
- Twisted pairs - Only 5 pairs of cables are used: Signal pairs are 1 & 9, 2 & 10, 5 & 13, 6 & 14, 8 & 15
- Cores cabled under Aluminum/Mylar foil
- Connectors are 15-pin D(m)