Friday, September 14, 2012

What I spotted at IBC 2012

I had a couple of days in Amsterdam at IBC (the TV industry's European trade show); I talked to lots of people and had a splendid night out with Bryant Broadcast (my main cable supplier) at the Braziliaans grill restaurant.

Anyway; the only thing that really grabbed my attention was the updated NewTek Tricaster - the model 8000. The really clever additions are;

  • Automation; mixer tasks can be grouped into macros
  • Control of outboard routers (essentially expanding the number of HD/SDi inputs)
  • Eight re-entrant MEs
  • A motion tracker (yes, in a studio vision switcher!)
  • Hot-spots that the talent can activate by their actions - think the weatherman being able to reach out and "pull" in his next map.
  • Up to four status monitors
  • A bunch of social media exports ("send that clip to Facebook now!)

Watch the video (Kiki features, as ever!)


No comments: