I had a couple of days in Amsterdam at IBC (the TV industry's European trade show); I talked to lots of people and had a splendid night out with Bryant Broadcast (my main cable supplier) at the Braziliaans grill restaurant.
Anyway; the only thing that really grabbed my attention was the updated NewTek Tricaster - the model 8000. The really clever additions are;
- Automation; mixer tasks can be grouped into macros
- Control of outboard routers (essentially expanding the number of HD/SDi inputs)
- Eight re-entrant MEs
- A motion tracker (yes, in a studio vision switcher!)
- Hot-spots that the talent can activate by their actions - think the weatherman being able to reach out and "pull" in his next map.
- Up to four status monitors
- A bunch of social media exports ("send that clip to Facebook now!)
Watch the video (Kiki features, as ever!)